07 Mar 2023
Online consent for Year 7 and Year 10 school vaccinations
Thursday 27th April 2023
Visit 1 Yr 7 1st Gardasil9 & Boostrix
Yr 10 Meningococcal ACWY & Catchups
If your child is in Year 7 or Year 10 this year, you can now provide online consent for their routine school vaccinations.
In Year 7, students are offered free vaccines for diphtheria-tetanus-pertussis (dTpa) and human papillomavirus (HPV). In Year 10, students are offered the meningococcal ACWY vaccine.
Vaccination will only be provided at school if consent has been received.
How to provide consent:
1. To complete online consent for your child’s school vaccinations, visit: https://nswhealth.service-now.com/school
2. Follow the steps to log in to your existing ServiceNSW account. This is the same account you may already use to renew your driver’s licence. If you don’t have a ServiceNSW account, refer to ServiceNSW to create one.
3. Update or confirm your personal details in ServiceNSW as required.
4. Complete the School Vaccination Consent Form for your child/ren. You will need to:
a) Enter your child’s personal details
b) Provide the Medicare card details for you and your child
c) Read the linked Parent Information Sheet and privacy statement
d) Provide consent
If you or your child do not have a Medicare card, consent can still be provided by requesting a paper-based consent form directly from your child’s school.
The benefits of providing consent online:
· easily update your child’s details
· receive SMS and/or email notifications when vaccinations are given
· faster upload of vaccination records to the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR).
For more information on routine school vaccinations, please visit www.health.nsw.gov.au/schoolvaccination.
If you require information in your language, please visit www.health.nsw.gov.au/immunisation/Pages/school_vaccination_language.aspx